Hi! I’m Ruth. I like music, hot coffee, cooking, and crosswords. I’m originally from Seattle, but now live in Toronto because I married a Canadian boy. I’m a professional harpist and an amateur home cook and baker. Cook Til Delicious is my attempt to document home food experiments and share some of my favorite recipes — some passed down, and some developed in my kitchen. You can read more about how I got into cooking/baking in this post!
Why Cook Til Delicious?
The blog name was inspired by what my husband (also an avid home cook) often says when I ask him how he made something (“I just cook it…til it’s delicious…”). The phrase also sums up my home cooking philosophy: use a recipe or not — but always taste, adjust, improvise, and cook til delicious!
Foods I find delicious: mushrooms, eggs, salmon, freshly baked bread, dark chocolate, pretzels, wontons/dumplings/wrapped foods, brussels sprouts, coffee, sushi, flaky sea salt, oatmeal raisin cookies, daikon radish
Foods I find less delicious: green peas, taro, red bean paste, raw bananas, beets
- National Post — The best cookbooks of 2020
- The Crumb podcast — all about lamination with Brian Hart Hoffman and Kyle Grace Mills
- The Kit — What’s Cooking Feature
- Reader’s Digest — Food Photography Tricks
- Saveur Magazine — 20 Best Food Instagrams of 2016
- Buzzfeed — 20 Drool-worthy Instagrams to Follow This Year
- FeedFeed — Editor, Pretzels and Cooking with Coffee feeds